Wednesday, November 23, 2011

giving thanks

So, many of my Facebook friends took the 30-day Thanksgiving Challenge.  I thought about participating but then realized two things.  The first is I would probably forget to post every day.  (You would think I had ten kids from the state of my short-term memory these days.)  The second is, how could I limit myself to only 30 days, not to mention one thing a day?  Not to brag, but I have the most wonderful family and friends and a pretty amazing life (even though I forget sometimes).  I decided a blog post would work better.  And then I realized time and space probably would not permit the entirety of my thankfulness.  So I had to be ruthless (ruthless!) in my giving thanks and limited it to the following:

I am thankful...
...for my Grandpa and my Granddaddy for teaching me Truth
...for my Grandma and my Mimi for teaching me Faith
...for my Mom and my Dad for teaching me Love
...for Rosie, Kefi, and Jac for teaching me Friendship
...for Jobie and Gare for teaching me Courage
...for Ginny and Timmy for teaching me Perseverance
...for Elijah, Erin, and Robby for teaching me Hope
...for Aida, Sophie, Robert Gordon, Michael, and Lucy for teaching me Selflessness

And I am thankful for all of you, for putting up with my craziness and loving me anyway.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. If you got "hope" from me, clearly you were not paying attention. I was teaching "sarcasm."

    ReplyDelete